Visitor Policy and Guidelines
Although we recognize that visitors are an essential part of recovery process, we strongly believe that patient needs rest in order to recuperate as quickly as possible. In a sincere attempt to felicitate your speedy recovery, we request you to encourage your visitors to adhere to visitors timings. Restrictions in timings also help us in protecting you from infections.
At the time of admission, you will be issued passes for visitors. Visitors should carry these passes when they are in hospital premises. To avoid inconvenience and long queue, passes are issued immediately at the time of admission itself after depositing certain amount (refundable).
One attendant pass is allowed per patient. For Suites, one additional pass is allowed. Please remember: Less attendants – Less strain on the patients-early recovery.
Morning- 10.00 to 10:30
Evening – 04:00 to 05:00
Morning- 10.00 to 10:30
Evening – 04:30 to 05:00
Children of less than 12 years of age are not allowed in the hospital.
All intensive care areas are clean zones and all attendants in these areas are requested to wear the shoe covers/ aprons or head covers provided by the hospital.
General rules regarding visitors-
- Visiting hours and rules have been developed to ensure that the care of patients is not disrupted. Visitors must abide by the rules.
- Visitors must leave the premises during a disaster or fire alarm.
- Visitors are requested to conduct themselves appropriately.
- Visitors should refrain from sitting or lying on floors of patient rooms.
- Visitors are not permitted in non patient areas such as utility rooms, nurse stations and kitchens.
- As a policy outside foods are not allowed inside the hospital.
- To p[protect patients from infections and allergies, visitors are no allowed to bring flowers/fruits in to the IPD.
- Visitors are not permitted to administer any medical treatment(s) to the patient.
- Visitors are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, drugs, litter or loiter in the hallways or waiting area while at JJIMS.
- Children should be supervised by adults all the times.. However children under 12 years age are not permitted in patient area as they themselves are very prone to illness.
- For reasons of infection control, we can accommodate only one attendant with the patient all the time. During visiting hour one visitor at one time is allowed besides the attendant.
- Please avoid bringing costly items to the hospital. The management shall not be responsible for loss or theft of valuables.
- Please do not make use of candles, dhoops, agarbattis, lighters, matchboxes etc. as they are potential hazards in a hospital and can also trigger our sensitive smoke detecting systems.
- Visitors to patients in an isolation area are subject to isolation guidelines. Visitors should check with the patients nurse for species.
- Nursing/security staff may restrict the number of visitors if the condition of the patient in the room requires it.